- Programs such as "Intelligent Plastics Campaign" aggressively enhance the reputation of plastic and the Canadian plastics industry with consumers, media, government and distributors.
- Programs to facilitate increased re-use of plastics through plastic recycling and energy recovery.
- Programs to manage unsubstantiated attacks on plastic products or materials by providing accurate information to the public, media and legislature.
- Advocacy of legislation aimed at helping the industry reach its full potential.
- Affiliations and partnerships with other associations pursuing increasing plastic resource recovery and reputation enhancement.
- Your voice at various levels of government representing you on issues that matter to you including "Plastics on Parliament Hill" lobby day and other opportunities to connect with legislators, policy makers & decision makers.
- CPIA Logistics Program from Raedan can result in members reducing their transportation costs by 15%or more.
- Discounted Ontario hydro rates with Bruce Power - CPIA members get price savings through bulk-buying.
- Discounted rates for CPIA members on gearedforGREEN™, North American plastic industry's own Canadian and US made brandable, recyclable clothing & promo items made from recycled plastic.
- Discounts on trade show booth space and admission such as Plast-Ex and Expoplast through CPIA’s partnership with UBM.
- Regular members-only newsletters to members highlighting industry trends, accomplishments and challenges to help companies position themselves for success.
- Regular alerts on proposed legislation potentially impacting segments of the industry.
- Regular newsletters from companies providing services to the industry which note best practices in manufacturing, marketing and financial management.
- All member company's employees have access to member benefits, newsletters and member section. Click here for CPIA summary for member employees.
- Access to participate in CPIA Member Councils including Plastic Film Manufacturers Association of Canada (PFMAC), Vinyl Council of Canada (VCC) as well as various task forces as needed such as Plastic Bag Task Force.
- Networking opportunities, both online and in-person, to allow companies to identify suppliers and customers.
- Leading edge industry seminars and workshops designed to bring the latest plastics research, innovations and processes to the industry.
- CPIA Member Directory to help you find and connect with other CPIA members.
- Access to tools to promote your business with government such as the Government Ambassador Program (including "How To Hold a Plant Tour" Guide, plastics industry Powerpoint presentation and more)
- Information on government financial assistance programs, grants and other financial service providers providing sources of growth capital through partnerships with organizations such as Canada’s Export Development Corporation (EDC) and The Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC).
- Publicity from celebrated Plastics Industry Leadership Awards for companies/individuals displaying leadership in the plastics industry.
- Members get full use of CPIA Member logos to use in their marketing and access to CPIA’s brand art to showcase a company’s support of the Canadian plastics industry.
- Sales leads from both domestic and international prospects.
- Affiliations with sister organizations in the plastics industry located around the world.